Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking forward to Her Husband

Can't wait to dissect "Her Husband" and catch up with you all later this month. I love the author, Diane Middlebrook, especially her intense biography of Anne Sexton. I've been reading crazily recently. Everything from vampire mysteries and our club books to Nancy Horan's terrific "Loving Frank" and Roxana Robinson's distressing "Cost." I also enjoyed "I See You Everywhere," by Julia Glass, which is largely based on her relationship with her sister.

Anway, it's fun blogging about books in this space. Thanks for putting it together Miriam. Looking foward to seeing you all in 2009. Happy New Year. Love, Sara

1 comment:

  1. I've become a bit obsessed after reading "Her Husband" and dipped into a book I'd had around, "Bitter Fame", not nearly as good as Middlebrook's bio but with a fascinating essay by Dido Merwin. I've wanted to know more than Middlebrook tells about Assia Wevill and also Dido Merwin, they are more interesting in some ways than Plath, though of course not geniuses. I wan't even interested in reading about Plath and Hughes but it was impossible to put the book down. Looking forward to Jane's evening, bb

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.