Thursday, January 1, 2009

New year reading and book buying

Hi everyone, I'm in the 21st century year 2009 and writing on a blog! Thanks to Miriam who keeps the recalcitrant among us from falling backwards into handwritten notes. I intend to buy or take on loan books from local stores and library, just got Her Husband and a new novel Atmospheric Disturbances. Reading the more recent Pettersen book, In Siberia, which I like very much, all the same excellent qualities of clarity of style, landscape, tension, characters who are genuinely attached and care for each other and a dramatic situtation, the Nazi occupation of Denmark. Yet it's not as mysterious as OUt Shooting Horses. Glad to talk about books here...best to all in new year, barbara

1 comment:

  1. Alas,I will not be here for the foxfire group viewing of Revolutionary Road. Am leaving for Guatemala Thursday with an internatikonal women studies group, lead by Ellen Boneparth of Santa Rosa whom some of you know. We'll be painting and talking to local feminisitas. But I'll be back in time to celebrate the Obama inauguration with all.
    susan

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.